Sjofartsmonumentet, Norwegian Maritime monument, Bergen
- Develop the ISCS website to improve communication of the activities of ISCS such as providing PDF versions of the Glossary, newsletters and to promote key stone conservation conferences and links to technical publications.
- Plan and schedule annual meetings (2019, 2020, 2021) possibly to coincide with key international conferences on inorganic porous materials and more especially stone conferences when it is possible in order to help increase participation of ISCS members and reduce travel expenses to members for attending meetings.
- Develop a joint initiative of ICOMOS international scientific committees in the field of conservation, dissemination and training (proposed topics include: inorganic porous materials and more especially stone and earthen architectural heritage, shelters for outside sculptures and documentation/ conservation of stone monuments).
- Explore opportunities to promote the understanding of
use and conservation of stones to the public and youth.
- Provide advisory services and support to the key
initiatives of the
ICOMOS World Heritage working group initiatives including expert
members to multidisciplinary teams for ICOMOS missions or review
of the state of conservation of World Heritage sites.